BORROWING PROCEDURES AND RIGHT
Your borrower’s card is the only thing that qualifies you to borrow books from the library. In borrowing books from the library observe the following steps;
- Identify the book (s) you want to borrow
- Remove the cards inside; one pink/blue and the other white write your name and identity number in the first available space of each card.
- Present the book, the two cards and your borrower’s card to the assistants at the loans counter.
- All three cards and the book will be stamped with the date on which the book should be returned.
- When returning a book, present both the book and your borrower’s card, the date stamp will then be cancelled on these and on the two corresponding book cards. Your borrower’s card will be returned to you.
- When a book is borrowed in the above manner, it is considered to have been charged out.
- Senior Staff and Postgraduate Students: a maximum of four (4) books at any one time for a period of three (3) months,
- Undergraduates: a maxim m of two (2) books at any one time for a period of one (1) month.
- Junior staff: two (2) books for a period of one (1) month.
- Do not attempt to remove a book from the Library without first having it charged out.
- Do not enter the library with bag and also surrender yourself for search before leaving.
- Eating and drinking is prohibited in the library.
- Indiscriminate pulling down of books from the shelve is not allowed, leave all consulted books on the table, do not shelve them back.
- Do not write or make any mark in a book.
- Do not wear noisy shoes to the library.
- Switch off your hand set or place on silent mode while in the library.
- Dress decently while coming to the library